IRSAMC, Université Paul Sabatier.
118 route de Narbonne, Bat 3R1B4,
31062 Toulouse Cedex 04, France
Dép. Scientifique SPM
Objectives:Technological progress leads to the realization of computer operations on smaller and smaller scales. This will eventually create a situation in which the communication, information and computation processes will be governed by quantum mechanics instead of classical mechanics. Therefore, the problem arises to design computers which will operate on the basis of quantum mechanical laws. In this frame the enormous parallelism allowed by the quantum entanglement opens new horizons for information control. Information search of large databases becomes of great importance.
The aims of the Center are:
- to investigate the properties and possible applications of realistic quantum computers,
- to study their operability in the presence of decoherence and physical imperfections,
- to develop efficient quantum algorithms,
- to elaborate methods to improve the accuracy of quantum computation and to investigate general properties of quantum information and quantum communication,
- to study quantum dynamics on small scales.
- to study complexity of large matrices and networks
This page is designed in 2001
- National Security Agency (NSA) and Advanced Research and Development Activity (ARDA) under Army Research Office (ARO) contract No. DAAD19-01-1-0553 on quantum computing (25 April 2001 - 31 July 2004)
- European Commission Research Training Networks contract No. HPRN-CT-2000-0156 (Sept 2000 - Aug 2004): http://www.rhbnc.ac.uk/~uhah005/qtrans/
- EC IST-FET project IST-2001-38869 EDIQIP "Effects of decoherence and imperfections for quantum information processing" (January 2003 - December 2005): IST-FET web page at www.cordis.lu/ist/fet/
- French goverment grant ACI Nanosciences-Nanotechnologies LOGIQUANT (July 2002 - July 2004)
- EC IST FP6-015708 EuroSQIP ""European Superconducting Quantum Information Processor" (November 1, 2005 - October 31, 2009) http://www.mc2.chalmers.se/eurosqip/
- French goverment grant ANR MICONANO "Microwave Control of Transport in Nanoscopic Structures" (December 1, 2005 - November 30, 2008); NANOTERRA (Jan 1, 2009 - Dec 31, 2012)
- French goverment grant ANR INFOSYSQQ on quantum information and computation (December 1, 2005 - November 30, 2008)
- EC FET Open project NADINE No 288956 "New tools and algorithms for directed network analysis" (May 1, 2012 - April 30, 2015) FETNADINE web page
- CNRS MASTODONS2016 grant "Applications of Google matrix for directed networks and Big Data" (March 1, 2016 - December 31, 2016 - 2017) APLIGOOGLE web page